A Family Tree makes the best anniversary gift!
Think about it. They’ve been married for 50 years, and they likely have had several accomplishments in that time, but the thing they are most proud of is their family. It is awe-inspiring when they see their family – what they have created – displayed as a family tree. It solidifies their legacy and will likely make them cry happy tears. The look on their face when they open their Family Tree is what makes this the best anniversary gift!
Tips for creating a beautiful Family Tree
We can create a family tree for any family regardless of size or complexity… we’ve seen it all. But the general rule of thumb is the more information you can give us, the better!
- Give us ALL the names – middle names and maiden names (if applicable) are important here. This help add length to the branches and fill out the tree.
- Do your homework – please make sure the spelling is correct and that you haven’t forgotten anyone! (Yes, it’s happened… often). You will receive a design file to approve before we engrave, but it is best to do your homework ahead of time.
- If you’d like specific placement, tell us – for example, if Aunt Shelly had a child before being married to Uncle Zeb and you want the tree to reflect that, please tell us in advance. It is surprising how difficult it is to alter the tree once it is designed – and it is impossible to alter it after it is engraved.
Suggestions for small families
I meant it when I said we can work with any family size, but I also understand the hesitation when you are from a small family. So here are some ideas we can use to help fill in your tree.
- Make sure we have all the names. I know I’m repeating myself but middle and maiden names make a HUGE difference when you are trying to fill in a tree.
- Go back a generation. Instead of your parents for the trunk, use your grandparents. You can pick a side of the family, or we can create a tree using both sets of grandparents. We have your paternal grandparents on one side of the trunk and the maternal grandparents on the other, and build the tree from there.
- Add memories, special places or dates, or inside jokes. Adding these special memories to your family tree will easily help fill out the branches and still create a meaningful gift. This makes a great conversation starter and your loved one will enjoy retelling the stories associated with these memories.
- If you are still unsure, we have easier designs that include each family member. Check out a custom engraved cutting board or a charcuterie board with the family design.
More about our Live Edge Signs
A Live Edge Sign adds warmth, interest, and an organic calming element to any decor.
- Personalized Live Edge Sign ready to hang on the wall.
- Engraved basswood with a bark edge on the top and bottom.
- For indoor use only.
- As with all Live Edge products, the exact size depends on the individual piece.