Questions relating to COVID-19 and our business disruption:
In a world of social isolation, how do I get my order?
There are currently 3 options available depending on where you live. All are contact-less in an effort to help stop the spread of COVID-19.
- Shipping – we ship via Canada Post. Shipping charges apply and will be calculated on check out.
- Local Pick Up – local pick up is currently available in Milton Ontario. You will receive an email when your order is ready and you can come anytime to pick it up from our drop box located on the porch of our studio.
- Porch Delivery – for a limited time, we are offering free porch delivery for our local clients that live in either Milton or Oakville Ontario. When your order is ready, you will receive a message with a delivery date and approximate time. We will leave your order on your front porch for you to pick up.
How much is the “Rush Fee”?
Typically our rush fees are between $5-$15 depending on the product and turnaround time required.
What is your turnaround time?
Our turnaround time on orders is approx. 2 weeks. We do offer rush processing for a fee (see above). Please order through the website and make a note of when you require your order. We will contact you via email (please check your junk folder) to arrange the fee payment. We CANNOT complete orders that require less than 3 business days.
How do I send you my child’s artwork?
There are a few options available. First thing’s first – DO NOT SEND US ANY ORIGINAL ARTWORK!
1. Take a picture of it on your smartphone from directly above and email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or upload it on our quote page.
2. Use a scanner to make a copy of the image and either email or upload it.
3. You can make a photocopy and send it to us via snail mail. (Round Trip Studios, 105 Laurier Ave, Milton, On. L9T 4X4). The last option takes the longest and may impact our turnaround time.
How do I get a print of my child’s hands or feet?
1. Use a non-toxic, washable, dark ink on plain white paper with no lines. We recommend testing the ink on an adult first to determine how easy it is to clean and remove.
2. Liberally cover the bottom of your child’s foot/hand/finger with ink.
3. Press the inked surface evenly on the paper and repeat several times.
Hints: its easier to bring the paper to the foot (instead of stepping on the paper). Use a hard surface (hard cover book) to support the paper.
3. Send us your print via email email@example.com, website, or by snail mail. Do not send us the original print.
Do you offer products that aren’t on your website?
Yes! We love to work with our customers to develop products that are right for you and your family. We are very happy to discuss any ideas that you may have and offer some of our own. Together we can create a product from your child’s art that will last for generations to come. Send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can get started!
How long does it take to get my finished product?
Every project that we work on is different so our times may vary depending on how much image manipulation is required to bring your ideas to fruition. We aim for a two week turnaround (not including Canada Post shipping times). If we expect to exceed the two weeks we will let you know at the time of ordering. Christmas, Father’s Day and Mother’s Day orders will have a cut-off date listed on the website.
How much does shipping cost?
We use Canada Post for shipping. Prices will depend on the size of the item and the distance required to deliver it. We do try to accommodate local orders with personal delivery. Email us email@example.com for exact quotes on shipping rates.
How long does shipping take once my product is ready?
Shipping time depends on location. Canada Post – Expedited parcel – 7-17 days. Express Post – 7-10 days.
What happens if my order gets lost in the mail?
According to Canada Post – this rarely happens. However, in the case of a missing product we will make a claim directly to them. All of our packages have a tracking number. You can track your parcel here Canadapost.ca.
What if my product is damaged during shipping?
Please contact us immediately if your package has been damaged in the mail.
How do I pay for my order?
Our prices are in Canadian Dollars. You can pay for your order by debit or credit card via the PayPal link at checkout.
What about personal privacy concerns?
We will not share any of your personal information or any customer data with anyone. Any information we require will be used only to complete orders, send receipts and for email confirmations and communications. We do not see any of the credit card or bank information when you send us etransfers or complete payment through Paypal.
Can any material be laser engraved?
We work predominantly on wood, acrylic, glass and crystal. We cannot engrave on the following materials: Synthetic leather, Fiberglass, Carbon Fiber, Vinyl, Neoprene, Moleskin, Styrene, Polypropylene, Lexan or PVC.
How do you determine pricing?
Our pricing is based on the amount of work required to convert your original image into a format that the laser recognizes. Some images require less processing than others ie. black and white drawings with no backgrounds are the easiest to do. Once we have seen your artwork we can discuss your options.
Can you laser engrave metal?
No – we do not do laser engraving or cutting of metal.
How long does it take to hear back when I send an inquiry?
We aim to respond to all emails and inquiries within two business days. If you have not heard from us after two business days, please contact us directly either via email or by phone: 905-749-1073.
How do I get my child’s handwriting to you?
It works best if you can have your child write with black marker, on white paper with no lines. Then take a photo in good light from directly above with your smartphone and email us the largest file size possible. Don’t worry about the layout of the writing, we can re-arrange it to fit onto the product you have ordered. We will send you a design file via email to approve before we engrave your gift for you!
Any other questions?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to answer!