$115.00 – $180.00
Work with designers to create your own beautiful, functional and meaningful cheese and charcuterie boards. Need this ASAP? Rush your order.
- Live edge charcuterie board engraved with your design choice.
- Request specific design placement in Engraving Details box below.
- 100% Canadian made with maple or cherry wood.
- Ready to use – sealed with a food safe mineral oil and beeswax finish.
- Sits slightly elevated on the table.
- See description below for tips.
If you are looking for an easy way to give an absolutely stunning personalized gift, our live edge Cheese and Charcuterie Boards are perfect. Our boards are sealed after engraving so they are ready to be used immediately. For a ready to give gift, be sure to add a gift box to your order! We will wrap the sealed board in tissue paper, and add our product care card before putting it in the gift box. Our gift boxes are high quality so they can be given as is, or you can choose to wrap them in paper.
More about our cheese and charcuterie boards:
Our live edge charcuterie boards are sourced from Canadian artisans and are made from either Maple or Cherry wood. The term live edge means that the edge of the woo is left in its natural state. You can choose whether you would like the bark attached, or not. This classification refers to the overall look of the board. For boars without bark, the bark has naturally separated from the wood, so you may see small pieces still attached. For boards with bark attached, they may have small areas where the bark has naturally separated. As will all natural products there will be differences in colour and grain pattern in every piece. Learn more about live edge here.
How to care for your cheese and charcuterie boards:
We include a product care card with all orders, so whomever you are buying for will know exactly what to do. All natural wood products require regular conditioning and sealing. You have the option to add a container of our board balm above. You can also purchase similar products from kitchen supply stores in your area.
- Wipe clean with a damp cloth. Do not submerge in water.
- Re-seal with a natural, food safe finish after cleaning.
- Keep out of direct sunlight.
- Not dishwasher safe.
Inspiration photos can help us bring your vision to life. The more information you give us the better. Do you like script font or block font? Do you like embellishments like scrolls or flourishes? No idea what I’m talking about? Don’t worry. Our designer will send you some ideas and we can tweak the design until you are happy with it. It is important to note that designs, quotes, or lyrics that are protected by copyright law cannot be engrave without the written consent of the person who owns it.
Tips for handwriting and prints:
Although we can engrave prints that are done with paint, we do not recommend it. You will loose all the detail that makes this gift so special. Prints taken with ink are really easy to do, and you can buy water soluble inks at your local craft store that should clean up well. If you are uncertain, test the ink on yourself first!
- Use black ink on plain white paper.
- For prints, use a left hand/foot for one and the right hand/foot for the other. This is optional but adds symmetry to the final effect.
- Write the initial of each child beside their print.
- Take a photo (smart phones work well) from above, with good lighting, and no shadows across the prints. One photo of both prints is fine, but you can photograph each print individually if you prefer.
- Upload the JPG file. Use the largest file size possible. Alternatively you can email us the photographs.
- We will email you a design file to approve, or if we require new or different pictures. Please check your bulk mail folders if you do not hear from us within 4 business days.