A memorial ornament with handwriting makes a beautiful keepsake.
Choosing a memorial gift can be awkward, and you may wonder whether or not it is necessary. It isn’t. It won’t fix anything. But nothing can. Likely the family has asked for a donation in their loved ones name. You should honor that if you can, but giving money never seems like “enough” when your friend, relative or neighbour is grieving. What a memorial gift can do is show that their loved one has touched far more lives than they realized and that gives them comfort.
What makes a good memorial gift?
- Choose something small. There is no need to go overboard and frankly the family likely doesn’t want you to.
- Choose something meaningful. Add a name, or pick a heart felt saying. If they have cultural roots in another country it can be very powerful to add something in that language. A memorial ornament with handwriting is an easy way to make a meaningful gift.
- Choose something subtle. Try to pick something that will remind them of their loved one, but not something they will have to explain to every house guest that walks past.
- Choose something they can put away. It may be too hard in the beginning to constantly be reminded of someone they have lost. This is why a Christmas ornament is a wonderful gift any time of year. They may not use it immediately but every year they will be reminded that the memory of their loved one lives on in all the people they have touched.
- Choose something that will last forever. It may be painful to talk about now but future generations will love to hear stories about their relatives. Our memorial ornaments will spark those conversations at a time when people come together to celebrate love, friendship and family.
How do I get a handwriting engraved?
- Take a photo (smart phones work well) from above, with good lighting and no shadows across the page.
- Upload the JPG file. Use the largest file size possible. Alternatively you can email us the photographs.
- We will email you a design file to approve, or if we require new or different pictures. Please check your bulk mail folders if you do not hear from us within 4 business days.
We have a number of tips and tricks that will help you take great pictures. You can find them all here.
More about our Rustic Birch Ornaments
Locally sourced from Canadian wood, these live edge rustic birch ornaments look amazing on the Christmas tree. Each piece is unique and highlights all the beauty of natural wood.
- Live edge rustic birch ornament
- Canadian, locally sourced birch wood
- Sizes range from 2″-3.5″ diameter
- Natural size and shape variance (each piece is not exactly round)